Friday, February 22, 2008

changing tides abound at yee ole westchester pike: aka an open letter to a brave man who gave up drinking and picked up the bible

"Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better." - Former President William Henry Harrison (served just one month in office)

When I was first informed of your departure from Barnaby's of America Havertown PA 19083, it was, I believe a Friday night and you were the one telling me so. Words cannot express the shock that filled my body. Trying to conjure up a moment from my past to compare it to would leave me cold and unaccomplished. You spoke in such hushed tones that I was surprised a man of your stature was seeking me out as a confidant. In such a short time I had seen firsthand the remarkable works you had accomplished. I believe the above quote sums up your time at 'Da Barn' so well. While you may have only had a short time as the third musketeer your works were unparalleled. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have overhead the staff chit chatting about you. When we lost Dan Ramano many questioned how we would ever cope and replace him. You stepped up to the plate and proved that you were up to the task. Nowadays you are the talk of the town so to speak and Dan Ramano is a mere afterthought. But now we are left to clean up the pieces of a once proud empire. Will any of us soon forget the December we spent together? I suspect no. And while you move on to bigger and better things I hope you rest easy at night knowing that the staff of Barnaby's of America Havertown PA 19083 is stuck in a perpetual case of 'Hotel California Syndrome'.

"You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!"

Leaving is a Pyrrhic victory indeed! May you achieve all your goals and leave no stone unturned in your quest for young bints and the riches of the world~!.

No comments: