Saturday, September 15, 2007

Greg Oden is older than your Dad and has a worse knee

Around like February of last year the Oden/Durrant debate really heated up into one of those sports things where you had to pick sides. I saw Durrant get lit up by a mediocre at best Villanova team in person and after that I was an Oden man. My reasoning was and still is that guys who can put up 25 are a dime a bakers dozen in the NBA. Guys who can dominate the post on both ends well aren't. Even if Oden was just decent he would like automatically be a top 3 guy at his position behind that 7'6 Asian dude who looks like he has downs and that Jesus freak teenager down in Disney. So while I'm not a Blazers fan it sucks that the Oden pick I have been defending since February just blew up in my face but oh well I'm a Sixers fan and this makes me feel a little better that my team played it's way out of a lottery pick by winning meaningless games in April with a bunch of jobbers.

As for how all of this will end up? I dunno I mean it sounds like most guys are able to comeback from this but he is a 47 year old man and the NBA don't have too many of those guys unless you count Dikembe but he's ageless due to drinking the blood of starving kids trapped in some village in the Congo.

No comments: