Wednesday, April 25, 2007

breaking down Weezy 1



Georgia Bush

I think the first half of this is just ass. I tend to hear a beat I like and think 'man i hope Wayne raps on this'. Heard 'show me what you got' and thought about what Wayne would do on the beat, he killed it. Heard 'Top Back' loved the song, the remix, and the beat but still wished Wayne had a verse on it. Mannie Fresh beef with Cash Money is just about the only beef in rap I care about and pray gets squashed. Game has beef with 98 faggots half of them I don't know. Dipset pretty much knows that they're a joke. But Mannie Fresh beef with Cash Money is a major shame. Both are doing amazing things the fact that they're not doing them together is a huge loss to rap. Where is Farrakhan to squash this beef? Anyway Wayne gets on the 'Top Back' beat and he does his own thing and killed it.

So awhile back I heard this Field Mobb song and dug it. Really dug the beat and thought about what Wayne would do on it. Instead of doing something about Georgia he does a weak half assed Bush diss. Bush is a pretty easy target for a diss song. Lots of material to get him on. Wayne doesn't get much on him. In a few lines he alludes to some conspiracy theory Katrina bullshit. Towards the end he talks about the loss of his friend and then talks about the loss of two of his cars. Loss of cars is the last line in the Bush song. Biggest personal loss he suffered was the loss of two cars. Cash Money songs are all about being extravagant 'money over bitches' is their moto. I don't tend to be one of those faggy people who get all bent out of shape about commercial rappers. I like money cars hoes rims kinda rap. I know to some money cars hoes rims kinda rap to is really annoying but I dig it. Part of the whole being an MC is having some swagger. What says swagger more than personal belongings? With all that being said this line is just about the most annoying line in a rap song I've ever heard. Wayne is pretty much calling his friend a bitch. Money (the cars) are over his dead friend. Anyway the Bush part of this song is not good you should just skip to the 4 minute mark where Wayne cuts this insane rap.

Just as its easy for me to see why people hate money cars hoes rims kinda rap I can understand why people don't give Wayne a chance. Kid rapper. Southern rapper. Add in the money cars hoes rims aspect and you have a mess that a lot of people wouldn't give a chance too. That's a real shame because right now Wayne has the best lines in rap.

"Young toon, yea that's what my people call me/ Fifty thousand for the cross, tryin keep the reaper off me/ I drink a lotta syrup, bitches say I'm sleep walkin/ Big money for the grill, so I'm never cheap talking"

"Two bottles won't do, bottles for the whole crew, thanks/And bring me that Patrone, I don't play / No ice I like my drink straight, not gay"

No comments: